- (The conference will organize two category paper awards: (1) Best Service Science Student Paper award and (2) Best Service Science Conference Paper award. Only accepted full/short papers will be considered for the awards. For the Best Student Paper award competition, the first author must be a student at the time of paper submission.
- When you submit your paper, please indicate which category of competition your paper would like to be considered. You can only select to compete in one of the two awards. If you select to compete for the Best Student Paper award, you attest that the first author is a student at the time of paper submission.
A large amount debt of gratitude is owed to ICSS 2021 track chairs, program and award committees, and reviewers for their outstanding service.
Best Conference paper
Best Service Science Conference Paper Finalists
- Should Managers Care About Intra-Household Heterogeneity? by Parneet Pahwa, Nanda Kumar, and Bps Murthi
- Penalizing Neural Network and Autoencoder for the Analysis of Marketing Measurement Scales in Service Marketing Application, by Toshikuni Sato
- A U-Net Architecture Based Model for Precise Air Pollution Concentration Monitoring, by Feihong Wang, Gang Zhou, Yaning Wang, Huiling Duan, Qing Xu, Guoxing Wang, and Wenjun Yin
- Intelligent Identification of High Emission Road Segment Based on Large-Scale Traffic Datasets, by Zilong Huang
- The Power of Analytics in Epidemiology for COVID 19: Prediction, Prevalence, and Vaccine Allocation, by Mohammed Amine Bennouna, David Alexandre Nze Ndong, Georgia Perakis, Divya Singhvi, Omar Skali Lami, Ioannis Spantidakis, Leann Thayaparan, Asterios Tsourvas, and Shane Weisberg (Winner)
best student paper
Best Service Science Student Paper Finalists
- An Interpretable Ensemble Model of Acute Kidney Disease Risk Prediction for Patients in Coronary Care Units, by Kaidi Gong and Xiaolei Xie
- Feature-Based Design of Priority Queues: Digital Triage in Healthcare, by Simrita Singh
- Estimating Discrete Choice Models with Random Forests, by Ningyuan Chen; Guillermo Gallego; Zhuodong Tang
- Prediction and Analysis of Chinese Water Resource: A System Dynamics Approach, by Qi Zhou
- Pricing and Strategies in Queuing Perspective Based on Prospect Theory, Yangyan Liu, Jian Liu, and Chuanmin Mi
- Integrating Empirical Analysis into Analytical Framework: An Integrated Model Structure for On-Demand Transportation, by Yuliu Su, Ying Xu, Costas Courcoubetis, and Shih-Fen Cheng (First Place)
- Patient Transfer Under Ambulance Offload Delays: An Approximate Dynamic Programming Approach, by Wenqian Xinag and Cheng Hua (Second Place)
- Queueing Versus Surge Pricing Mechanism: Efficiency, Equity, and Consumer Welfare, by Yueyang Zhong. Zhixi Wan, and Zuo-Jun Shen
- Crowdsourcing Electrified Mobility for Omni-Sharing Distributed Energy Resources, by Wenqing Ai , Tianhu Deng, and Wei Qi
- Covid-19 Intervention Policy Optimization for the United States Using a Multi-Population Evolutionary Algorithm, by Luning Bi, Mohammad Fili, and Guiping Hu (Third Place)